tinkknits

knitting and other shiny things...

Name:

Welcome! I love knitting having learned how at an early age...it has seen me through good times and bad. I orignally went to college to study art but ended up as an RN (dont ask how THAT happened)Still an artist at heart, I try to listen to my muse and divide my creative time between knitting/dyeing/spinning and glass bead making. Once my life calms down, I also plan to do some knit wear designing and/or writing. Originally from Pennsylvania, I have lived in the Midwest and California-and am currently nomadic.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Wizard of that Something

In related knitting news....
Much to Monique's astonishment, I have frogged the central lace section of my SKB. I was using Cherry Tree Hill's Glitter Alpaca combined with Rowan Glitterspun and it was pretty, but having seen this there was no going back.
The SKB I am doing is in elann yarns Peruvian Collection Highland Wool in the "Redwood" color. Its a rusty heather and I just love the velvety feel of the yarn. I would post a pic but I wouldn't be able to do the color justice in this lighting so you'll have to wait for the finished object celebration.
Speaking of finished objects, I made the "Modern Bustier" sweater from "Alterknits" last week. I found some Jaeger Trinity on WEBS in a discontinued color for a very good price so I got enough to make two. I really like the simplicity of the shaping and the surprise of the lace in the back adds a lot of style options. The next one I make I will vary the lace and put a tiny lace edging on the bottom. Pic to follow as soon as I finish the sewing part...still considering not doing the silk in the back at all and just lacing it up with ribbon for a very soft romantic touch ('cuz I'm ALL about the romance, baby).
What about the socks I was making you ask? Umm....I'll get to them before the holidays, honest I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home