tinkknits

knitting and other shiny things...

Name:

Welcome! I love knitting having learned how at an early age...it has seen me through good times and bad. I orignally went to college to study art but ended up as an RN (dont ask how THAT happened)Still an artist at heart, I try to listen to my muse and divide my creative time between knitting/dyeing/spinning and glass bead making. Once my life calms down, I also plan to do some knit wear designing and/or writing. Originally from Pennsylvania, I have lived in the Midwest and California-and am currently nomadic.

Monday, July 03, 2006

"Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes : What mood is that? Calvin : Last-minute panic" I have been working this past weekend, which has left little time for knitting. This is a bad thing since I have a few projects promised to people as gifts. Actually, more than a few...The Pirate Sweater, Birthday Socks, Mom's Poncho, Kristen's Shawl , Monique's Shrug. Now thats a lot of knitting... a fact only made more apparent when I add that the Pirate Sweater is overdue since March and both the Birthday Socks and Monique's Shrug are for birthdays in August. Not even the end of August, the very beginning of August. Kristen's Shawl and Mom's Poncho can probably be set aside, being only in planning stages anyway. I did make my mom a poncho last year for her birthday but never sent it to her because I didn't like the yarn or the way it turned out so she has been on hold for hers for well over a year. She is used to me by now I guess, and is no longer surprised when gift boxes arrive later than expected. Hi Mom! Thanks for being patient! *wave*
So, in some strange kind of procrastinatorial heirarchy Mom's poncho goes ahead of The Pirate Sweater (which is so far behind in its own way that I may as wait until next March...perhaps I can knit up a quick pair of Pirate wristwarmers instead...sorry Gru) and Kristen's Shawl. Sigh. This leaves the 2 impending birthday present projects...the Socks and the Shrug.
I'll do the socks first-the shrug is knit with chunky yarn and it won't take much time...assuming of course we decide on a pattern in a timely manner. Its a shrug after all, right?
Now the socks are a different matter...I have started the ribbing on the first one and am not sure just what I want to do with the rest of the design. Plain ribbing just might save the day, as the yarn is so tender and soft that it doesn't need a complex design to be a good sock. I actually promised two pairs of socks for the birthday gift (at this point, I bet you are wondering why I am taking the time to type this instead of just getting on WITH IT already....)but if I only get one finished I will have to throw myself on the mercy of the recipient and remind them that Christmas is only a few short months away.
In case I don't post for a few days, never fear, I'll just be knitting socks (and a shrug and a poncho)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home