tinkknits

knitting and other shiny things...

Name:

Welcome! I love knitting having learned how at an early age...it has seen me through good times and bad. I orignally went to college to study art but ended up as an RN (dont ask how THAT happened)Still an artist at heart, I try to listen to my muse and divide my creative time between knitting/dyeing/spinning and glass bead making. Once my life calms down, I also plan to do some knit wear designing and/or writing. Originally from Pennsylvania, I have lived in the Midwest and California-and am currently nomadic.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allen Poe

Today's blog title has very little to do with the subject matter, I just have always loved that quote and that poem.
Have I been knitting socks? You bet I have but it feels like I'm not gaining any ground with them..in fact...I frogged a whole finished sock and one that was 3/4 finished. Grr. I had to do it for a couple of reasons and, you know...it felt kinda good. I was able to take out some sock frustrations on the poor pair (really, it wasn't its fault that I couldn't get the gauge back and that I had made a few mistakes and forgot what I was doing). Now I need to un-kink the yarn and start over again. I loved the yarn-it was one of the Opal ones but I can't recall which right now, but it had an almost buttery texture that was very enjoyable to knit.
I am also knitting a quick tank with thick yarn I had laying around and am nearly done. I'd post a pic but trust me, plain knitting with slightly fuzzy black yarn is pretty dull stuff.
My non knitting project of the day was great fun...I am going through my closet and remaking some outdated clothes. Years a go I bought a dress at a thrift shop, but I never wore it (still had the tag on it!). It was an ankle length layered dress, with a black slipdress underneath and a burgandy lace overdress on top. I cut the slip out and set it aside-I'm thinking it might make a great beginning for an evil fairy costume sometime-and then cut the lace part in half, separating it into a "sweater" and a "skirt". I then trimmed the bottom edge of the "sweater" and ta-da! instant cool lacetop. It needs a camisole under it but I like it. The "skirt" part I cut down the front and opened up to make a very large lace wrap. I'm considering dyeing the parts since I don't really like the color but even if I don't I now have 2 very usable wardrobe items from a dress that was languishing in the closet! =)

OH! I picked my new glasses up yesterday and I love them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home